Microneedling with DermaRoller
Smoother ● Brighter ● Younger Looking Skin
“I use a dermaroller. Google it – it’s great! It’s like a little wheel that has little pins, like acupuncture needles in a way, and you roll it and it stimulates your collagen and it also allows for your products to seep into your skin.” Jennifer Aniston
Microneedling with DermaRollers | Stretch Marks ● Acne Scars ● Wrinkles
… everything you need to know about dermarolling at home …
Dermarollers are a form of microneedling that uses tiny needles to puncture the skin. This generates fresh collagen and elastin for plumper and smoother skin on your face and body.
To repair any kind of skin damage, the skin needs to regenerate by creating new skin cells. Most skin rejuvenating therapies (for example microdermabrasion, acid peels or lasers) work by damaging or removing the top layer of skin – this causes a wound-healing response and encourages the skin to regenerate itself.
The dermaroller is different because it regenerates the skin without damaging it.
Dermarollers work miracles for clearing acne scars, minimising stretch marks, fading pigmentation, and evening out skin tone when used properly. Microneedling performs two main actions – 1. create micro pathways in the skin that stimulate collagen & elastin and 2. increase the absorption of skincare products. Microneedling is very effective against acne scars, stretch marks, pigmentation, hair loss, wrinkles, sun damaged skin and ageing skin in general.
Dermaroller’s main benefits are their ability to stimulate the growth of collagen and elastin, which is the key to new, youthful-looking skin. Aside from diet and lifestyle, the dermaroller is the most powerful way to stop ageing skin in its tracks and prevent new fine lines and wrinkles from forming. So by creating new collagen/elastin, ageing and damaged skin can be improved, or even reversed.
Combine dermarolling with our luxurious organic rose otto infused Hyaluronic Youth Serum. Our formulation consists of a specialised 11kDa hyaluronic acid molecule. This formula penetrates deeper than most serums on the market today and acts as a powerful, effective combination for younger looking skin!
Celebrities are offered all the best skincare advice and treatments so, it makes sense to keep an eye on what they’re up to.
Dermarolling has the power to transform your skin and complexion with a minimal time commitment from home!
The “A-Lister” line up includes Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston, Gwyneth Paltrow, Naomi Watts, Kim Kardashian, Demi Moore, Bar Refaeli, Holly Willoughby, and Kourtney Kardashian, just to name a few.
With each microneedling treatment collagen and elastin production is sent into overdrive to compensate as it heals — leaving your complexion tighter and plumper than it was beforehand. Skyrocket your dermaroller results by using a good quality organic serum to help nourish your skin and boost skin renewal.
We highly recommend using natural and organic skin care products as the ingredients inevitably ends up deep in your skin and bloodstream and can affect your health. Make sure your products are free of synthetic ingredients. If a company doesn’t specialise in natural, organic products only, then it is a sure sign that most of their products are probably synthetic based.
We offer home kits from only R695 which includes your SkinX Dermaroller + Medical Grade Alcohol + Pure Vitamin C Crystalline + Mixer Bottle + Full Intructions. Your dermaroller home kit will last for 14-18 treatments which makes this an AMAZING offer! At this price, how can you resist.
Skin clinics, beauty salons and dermatologists typically charge an average of R1400 per derma roller (which they keep at their premises) plus R1800 per microneedling treatment (minimum of 6 treatments recommended). This leaves the client with an estimated cost of R12,200 for 6 treatments. Wouldn’t you rather invest in a dermaroller home kit and do it yourself?
I started this business in 2011 to help provide people with an effective skin treatment that’s easy and affordable and can be done from home. Basically, a cheaper way to give yourself what’s normally an R1800 per in-office microneedling treatment, but from the comfort of your home – saving you a small fortune!
15 DermaRoller Benefits
… what dermarollers can and can’t do …
- do-it-yourself microneedling treatments from home saving you a small fortune!
- dermarollers are very effective against sun damaged and ageing skin
- smooths fine lines and deep wrinkles
- dermarollers improve skin texture
- thickens and firms the skin
- reduces crow’s feet & laugh lines
- dermarollers reduce depressed acne scars
- reduces ice pick and chickenpox scars
- microneedling is not effective against cellulite | FULL BODY CUPPING THERAPY – extremely effective!
- dermarollers reduce age spots, sun damaged skin & hyper pigmentation
- dermarollers reduces and reverse hair loss
- microneedling drastically improve the appearance of stretch marks
- dermarollers boosts collagen and elastin fibres by up to 1000%
- dermarollers build natural collagen that lasts for years
- dermarollers enhance absorption of skin care and hair grow products by up to 90% – scientific studies have shown only 0.3% of the active ingredients in traditional cosmetics are able to penetrate skin, so 97.7% of them are wasted. That’s money down the drain!
- DIY microneedling treatments are simple, easy and effective!
- dermarollers are suitable for all skin types & colours
- no risk of discolouration to the skin
- no risk of burns (unlike laser)
- no ablation (cutting or removing) to the epidermis
- minimal risks
- minimal to no downtime – depending on the derma roller’s needle length
- stimulates your own collagen naturally without creating scar tissue
- dermarollers produce long lasting results – the longer the needles, the longer the results last
- in-line needle alignment
- SkinX™ dermarollers are sterilised prior to packaging
- SkinX™ dermarollers are manufactured with embedded titanium alloy needles
- SkinX™ dermaroller handles are manufactured with Lexon® for durability
- SkinX™ dermarollers have 192 single embedded titanium alloy needles
How Does Microneedling Work?
THE SKIN CONSISTS OF THREE PRIMARY LAYERS
The outer layer of skin is the epidermis – thickness ranges approximately 0.05mm to 0.3mm (on the face) and 1.5mm (on the soles of our feet).
Below the epidermis lies the dermis – thickness ranges about 0.3mm (on the eyelids) to 3.0mm (on the back). The dermis is where the skin’s collagen and elastin are found. This is where most of the skin damage occurs.
The hypodermis is the bottom layer of skin, made up of fat and connective tissue.
COLLAGEN AND ELASTIN
The two proteins that help make up the structural component of skin is collagen and elastin. Collagen is a very strong, stiff protein that accounts for around 70% of the skin’s weight. Elastin is present in very small amounts compared to collagen, but is extremely important for skin function.
Collagen and elastin work together to give the skin its shape and firmness. Collagen provides rigidity (hardness) and strength, while elastin accounts for the skin’s flexibility.
Our bodies have plenty of collagen and elastin when we are young. It keeps our skin smooth and taut, and can easily be replaced when damage is caused by environmental toxins and UV rays. As we get older, the amount of collagen and elastin in the skin starts to decrease as our bodies struggle to replace that which has worn out or become damaged. The gradual loss of these two essential proteins eventually results in sagging, thin skin and wrinkles.
A lack of collagen is also responsible for other skin problems, including scars and stretch marks. So by creating new collagen/elastin, ageing and damaged skin can be improved, or even reversed.
Dermaroller needles can penetrate through the epidermis without removing it, unlike laser, microdermabrasion and chemical peels. Microneedling with dermarollers only puncture the skin, so the skin heals quickly. Because of this, dermarollers can penetrate up to 3mm into the skin without causing damage.
Genuine dermarollers have 192 single embedded titanium alloy needles, which are rolled back and forth over the skin several times and in horisontal and vertical directions, creating thousands of tiny skin pricks. Although this process causes very little actual damage (the tiny holes close up by themselves within a couple of hours), the body perceives a ‘mini-trauma’ and the skin’s natural regeneration process is activated.
Growth factors are released which stimulate the production of new skin cells. This accelerated cell turnover results in new layers of tissue being formed from collagen and elastin, and is why dermaroller therapy is sometimes called CIT or ‘collagen induction therapy’.
The newly formed collagen emerges from the base upwards and is known as type III collagen or healthy collagen (as opposed to type I collagen or scar collagen). Over time this new, healthy collagen moves up towards the skin’s surface until it is evenly spread in the skin, giving the skin a smoother, even-leveled texture.
This process of skin remodelling can go on for months after each dermaroller treatment, but noticeable results can be seen within 2-4 weeks. Your skin naturally renews itself every 27 days, so with a little stimulation changes can be dramatic and fast.
Repeated dermaroller sessions gradually and continually build new collagen and elastin that can last for several years.
Genuine vs Fake DermaRollers
Fortunately, there are ways to spot fake dermarollers. First of all, you need to look for 192 genuine single embedded needles – not the 540 laser-cut disc-type. Needles should prick the skin, not cut or slice into the skin.
Fake dermarollers produce inferior results and even cause longterm skin tissue damage. Consumers who shop for price only, remember – you get what you pay for! Cheap dermarollers are usually made with cheap materials, and customers end up being very disappointed with their purchase.
Tips to Consider Before Buying Your DermaRoller
- Compare prices of the dermarollers that you find online or at actual shops. If you look at a dermaroller’s price that’s ridiculously cheaper than the others, it means that it is not likely a good quality dermaroller.
- It’s best to buy from a reputable company that’s been in business for a while. Older companies are more trusted and you’re not buying from some fly-by-night dermaroller supplier.
- Check Google Reviews and Hellopeter – they are good indicators if these companies are reliable or not.
15 DermaRoller Advantages
- dermarollers cause a 60% improvement in ageing skin and an 80% improvement in scar reduction and stretch marks in only 6 treatments! With that said, a good anti-ageing routine includes a healthy lifestyle. Smoking and stress are the leading causes of ageing skin as well as consuming alcohol on a regular basis as it dries out skin cells.
- dermarollers induce maximum absorption of serums (preferably organic), giving you an ‘instant facelift’ – scientific studies have shown only 0.3% of the active ingredients in traditional cosmetics are able to penetrate skin, so 97.7% of them are wasted. Remembering that any cream or treatment you use on the face or body immediately after rolling will be up to 90% more potent, so it is recommended that those using Retin A should NOT use it on the days that you will be rolling. High doses of vitamin A can be toxic.
- dermarollers literally rolls away your scars, wrinkles and stretch marks before your eyes without harmful effects
- dermarollers literally ‘trick’ your skin into turning back the clock by destroying old skin cells and scar tissue, and then replacing them with brand new skin cells
- dermarollers are highly effective against most forms of scarring such as burn scars, surgery scars, acne scars and chicken pox scars
- microneedling punctures the skin, thus stimulating collagen production and ‘re-sets’ the cell cycle back to adult stem cells (differentiated stem cells capable of dividing and creating new cells)
- dermarollers provide astonishing results that are powerful non-surgical treatments. They rejuvenate the skin just like laser or chemical peels do, but without the healing, skin damage, down time, and cost
- dermaroller results are similar and often better than laser treatments, chemical peels and micro dermabrasion at a fraction of the cost
- tightens loose skin due to lack of collagen and improves lines and wrinkles on the face
- improves thinning hair and hair loss/alopecia especially when used in conjunction with a hair loss tonic
- dermarollers improves skin tone and texture of ageing skin
- dermarollers are a great home treatment option with no severe side effects and fast recovery
- dermarollers are affordable considering what a trip to the dermatologist or skin clinic will cost you
- dermarollers can dramatically reduce all types of scarring – 6 treatments are recommended
- dermarollers are currently the ultimately non-surgical, non-ablative facelift solution